85: Pastor Plek, Pastor Joseph, and Catie Sas discuss sins of a father, cussing, and the death penalty in this week's episode. Want to submit a question? Text 737-231-0605!
Faith, Culture, and all things in between.
- In the new heaven/ new earth do people not have free will? Because they don't have the ability to sin?
- Can you elaborate what it means to be "intentional" about overcoming the sins of your father? That's sounds very much out of your own power as opposed to Gods.
- So there's an old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound?" Do Pastors curse when no one is around? Like what would happen if you smashed your thumb with a hammer? And if not but you say "fricking" or "crap" isn't that the same thing? Because you're just using another word to replace the curse word but it's still the same meaning.
- Biblically it says (Gen 4:11-12) that Cain is "cursed from the ground" and that when he "works the ground it will no longer yield to *Cain* its strength" and that he will be a "fugitive & wander the earth".... but boom 5 verses later he has a wife and builds a WHOLE CITY. So what was the basis of the curse if he was able to build a whole city and have numerous kids (where'd the wife come from btw?) who in turn had livestock and tents and multiplied?
- Genesis 4:14 who was Cain referring to when he said, " Look, you are driving me off the land today, and I must hide from your presence. I will be a homeless wanderer on the earth; whoever finds me will kill me!”
- God hates murder, but also showed grace to Cain for murdering his brother. Does this have any connection to how Christians should view the death penalty?